The structure of 2205 duplex stainless steel consists of austenite pools surrounded by a continuous ferrite phase. China 2205 duplex stainless steel pipe is a 22% chromium, 3% molybdenum, 5-6% nickel, nitrogen alloyed duplex stainless steel with high general, localized, and stress corrosion resistance properties in addition to high strength and excellent impact toughness. Often referred to as the work horse grade, 2205 is the most widely used grade in the duplex family of stainless steels.
China 2205 duplex stainless steel pipe is a nitrogen enhanced duplex stainless steel that was developed to combat common corrosion problems encountered with the 300 series stainless steel. “Duplex” describes a family of stainless steels that are neither fully austenitic, like 304 stainless, nor purely ferritic, like 430 stainless. The advantage of a duplex structure is that it combines the favorable qualities of a ferritic alloy (stress corrosion cracking resistance and high strength) with those of an austenitic alloy (ease of fabrication and corrosion resistance).
China 2205 duplex stainless steel pipe (3.0% to 4.0% Mo) has high strength and excellent resistance to chloride stress corrosion cracking. Multipurpose stainless steel, originally used as a fluid flow tube in the oil and gas industry, is now more used in the chemical processing and petrochemical industries and as a digester in the pulp and paper industry.
The Characteristics of China 2205 Duplex Stainless Steel Pipe
● High resistance to chloride stress corrosion cracking
● Resistance to chloride pitting and crevice corrosion
● Good general corrosion resistance
● Good sulfide stress corrosion resistance
● High Strength
● Good weldability and workability
● SS 2205 Duplex Welded and Seamless Tubes, Pipes
● SS 2205 Duplex Hydraulic and Instrumentation Tubes
● SS 2205 Duplex Coiled Tubing
● SS 2205 Duplex Capillary Tubes
● SS 2205 Duplex Seam Welded and Cold Redrawn Pipe and Tubes
● SS 2205 Duplex Seam Welded, Cold Redrawn, and Annealed Pipes and Tubes
1. Commodity: seamless S32205/SAF2205 Duplex stainless steel tube
2. Process method: cold finished
3. Surface finish: annealing, pickling and polishing as required
4. Material Grades: S31803, S31500, S32205/SAF2205, S32304/SAF2304, S32750/SAF2507, S32760, etc.
5. Specifications: ASTM A923, SA/A789, SA/A790, EN10216-5, etc.
A) NPS: 1/8″ to 6″
B) Schedule: 10S, 40/40S, 80/80S, 120, 160, XS, XXS
C) O. D.: 6 mm to 168 mm
D) W. T.: 0.5 mm to 20 mm
E) Length: Max. 25 meters
7. Packaging: seaworthy wooden case/steel framed plywood case/bundles packaging depending on products, destination, method of shipment and client requirement
8. Certificate: ISO 9001:2008, PED by LRQA, DNV, ASME by TUV
Gaolin is the professional duplex stainless steel pipe supplier and super duplex stainless steel pipe manufacturer in China, providing high-quality duplex stainless steel pipe and super duplex tubing.